I remember it clearly because, at the time, I was dating a guy who was friends with the founders. We thought they were a bit dippy – delivering pizzas in bow ties!? How on earth was that gonna fly in small town Durbs?
But 25 years ago, two Maritzburg students went with their gut and started Debonairs Pizza. On Monday 28th November 2016 they celebrate opening the 600th Debonairs restaurant!
Who can forget the thrill of being able to call, order and get a cute guy to deliver pizza to your door – for those of us who were teens then, it was awesome :)
Friday night pizza and movie parties were the highlight of our week!
Things may have changed over the years, but what has remained is the same quick service, yummy pizza (the veg is my all time fave) and innovation unseen in most SA food brands.
To celebrate 25 years, Debonairs Pizza restaurants around SA will give the first 100 patrons at each restaurant, who purchase a Real Deal Pizza a second promotional Real Deal pizza and a 500ml coke free.
Some of the highlights of this amazing SA business:
• The brand currently employs almost 11 000 staff
• On the 1st night of trading in 1991, only 8 pizzas were delivered. Today over 3 million are delivered in SA and Africa every month!
• Over 37 million pizzas are made per year!
• Debonairs Pizza were the first quick service restaurant to introduce the ‘Hot or Not Dot’ and Acutemp delivery bags,to ensure product arrived hot, as well as the ‘Flop Stopper’ – a 4 leg plastic device designed to support two pizzas in a box
• They were the first brand to offer online and mobile ordering – in 2010.
So support LOCAL on Monday and score!
Terms and Conditions:
The offer is limited to the first 100 customers in each restaurant who purchase a Real Deal Pizza.
First come, first served.
Free Pizza is only limited to the promotional Real Deal variants; Chicken & BBQ Sauce and Sweet & Sour Rib valued at R19.90 each.
Only one free Pizza and one 500ml Coke per customer.
In-store only purchases qualify for this offer.
Not available with online ordering, deliveries or call-in and collect customers.
Offer valid on 28 November 2016 only.
This is a sponsored post but all views are mine and Debonairs is an SA brand I proudly support.