I have never been a big tea drinker, in fact, I absolutely detested it and stuck to coffee for years, turning my nose up at tea.
But with age comes knowledge and about 2 years ago, I started drinking flavoured teas, gravitating towards anything flavoured with mint or ginger.
To be honest, the only reason I started was that my husband had a cup before bed each night and I felt totally left out! (FOMO much?!)
I love a cup before bed now and definitely feel more relaxed and sleepy on the evenings I do have a cup, so it’s become a bit of a ritual.
Now some people drink gallons of tea a day, each cup with one or more spoons of sugar and that, I’m afraid, is just not on – not only is the sugar extremely bad for you, but most often the type of tea being drunk is less than ‘nutritious’.
Did you know that green tea is often referred to as the healthiest tea on the planet?
Some of the health claims are based on ancient Eastern traditions, where Green tea was used to treat symptoms of disease for years and there are many health benefits associated with drinking it.
These are some of the facts I love about green tea:
- Green tea is often viewed as a superfood, as it’s rich in antioxidants
- Green tea boosts the strength of the immune system
- The amino acid, Theanine, is naturally found in green tea leaves and it is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquillizing effect to its drinkers (that’s why I feel so sleepy!)
- Green tea is said to be the best cure for particularly savage hangovers and fatigue caused by the consumption of alcoholic beverages and lack of sleep (winner!)
So the folks at Tetley have recently introduced a new range of Green teas in 3 flavours, Lemon, Mint and Apple, which were developed by their Master Tea Blender, Jonathan Kelsey, whose tongue is insured for R5 million – wowzer!!!
All the flavours have been designed to give a distinctive taste experience, with the Mint flavour imparting a cool, sweet sensation leaving you feeling naturally refreshed, the Lemon flavour uplifting with its zesty freshness and the Apple flavour delighting the senses with its juicy, fresh flavour and aroma.
I nearly fell over when a beautiful hamper arrived for me last week full of Tetley Green Tea, delicious treats and beautiful goodies, as well as a Le Creuset whistling kettle – man oh man I squealed with delight and boiled it all weekend making copious amounts of delicious tea :)
And you could win one too!
Along with Karen from Lovilee and Vicky from I Want That, we’re giving away a beautiful hamper of Tetley Green Tea and a Le Creuset whistling kettle.
1. Like and follow Ask Ashe and Tetley Tea SA on facebook & instagram (or both)
2. Leave a comment on this post or any of those on facebook & instagram to enter, telling me which is your favourite in the new Tetley Tea Sa flavours.
3. You can share this giveaway on facebook, twitter or instagram too for extra entries, please tag @AskAshe and #WinWithTetleyGreenTea when doing so.
Oh and one last thing – did you know that you can include green tea in your cooking and baking? The Tetley website has some amazing recipes for you to try – I’m giving this vegan coconut green tea ice cream recipe a try this weekend – how yum!?
Terms & Conditions:
- The competition closes at midnight on 19 June 2018.
- The winner will be chosen at random and the decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name will appear on the relevant blogs and the Tetley tea pages.
- The prize is not transferable for cash and no purchase is necessary.
- Only open to South African residents.
- Email addresses supplied during entry will be supplied to Tetley Tea SA.