I’ve partnered with Tetley Tea for the next few months and along with some awesome giveaways, I’ll also be sharing a healthy dose of tea facts and recipes. I had no clue that you could use tea to flavour both savoury and sweet dishes and cannot wait to give this one a try – risotto is one of my absolute favourite things to eat and this Tetley-infused mushroom risotto sounds amazing!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 cups water
- 4 Tetley Black teabags
- 4 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 250g sliced mushrooms
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large onion, diced and chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups uncooked risotto rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups veg stock
- 2 TBSP crème fraiche
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE TETLEY-INFUSED MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then remove from heat and drop in the Tetley teabags. Leave to steep for 5 minutes, then remove the teabags and add the veg stock to the tea infusion.
- Place a separate large pot on medium heat, add 1 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP olive oil, then add the mushrooms and sauté for 6 – 7 minutes or until they have browned. Add the freshly chopped thyme, season with salt and pepper and give it all a quick stor, then remove the mushrooms from the pot and place them in a bowl.
- Using the same pot, add 1 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic and let them soften, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice until well combined, then add the wine and stir continuously until the wine has evaporated. Once evaporated, slowly stir in the tea-infused vegetable stock, one cup at a time until it has been absorbed by the risotto rice. Keep stirring for 20 – 25 minutes until the rice is al dente.
- Once well combined, add in the 2 TBSP butter, crème fraiche, parmesan cheese and the sautéed mushrooms.
- Mix until well combined before serving – enjoy!
- Depending on the type of risotto rice you use, you may need to add in slightly more or less broth. Slowly add in the tea infused broth to ensure that you do not add in too much.
- Do a taste test throughout to determine whether you need more seasoning.
Look out for more recipes using Tetley Tea on my facebook page and if you missed out on the first giveaway I hosted on my instagram page, then you need to make sure you’re following over there too – head to instagram.com/askashe.
I gave away a few of my favourite things – in black of course – in a beautiful hamper of tea goodies to go with their Tetley Black Tea and I had the best time choosing items that not only celebrate tea, but also support local small businesses 🖤
For more info on Tetley Tea, visit the website